02 Feb 2009 03:02:30
Top tips on how to green your office!!!
• Wherever possible, request to receive invoices and other records electronically rather than in hard copy.
• Consider scanning invoices and other non-legally essential documents and storing them digitally, rather than filing hard copies away.
• Store essential documents such as bank records, contracts, etc. only for the time required by law. Shred and recycle old documents when you no longer need to store them.
• Reuse filing folders rather than throwing them away. Write folder labels in pencil so they can be erased and reused. If your file folders have permanent labels, just flip the spine and you have a brand-new blank tab to write on.
• Only store the documents which you are really going to need for the future.
• Shred & recycle confidential items, or use a document destruction service that recycles.
• Consider printing on the back of non-confidential paperwork before recycling it.
• File folders that aren't being reused can generally be recycled.
• Look for file folders, file storage boxes, dividers, and other paper-based products containing as much post-consumer recycled content as possible.
These tips have beeen taken from
I hope you find these key points useful. Any other suggestions, then please do add to encourage green offices.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Related Items From Everyone
Over 100 people attended the grand opening in July of Windhager UK’s prestigious new headquarters...
12 Sep 2012
The forthcoming Governmental Green Deal intends to steer the UK towards a more sustainable...
19 Oct 2011
WRAP, the government-funded Waste and Resources Action Programme, is steadily extending its remit...
Scotland's growing wind energy sector has been boosted by news that plans for a new facility in...
02 Jul 2009
Anytime, anywhere solar powered lights! Stop wasting energy and your money!! Save it!