22 May 2009 07:05:05
23 Tips for Offices & Small Businesses
1. Reuse material e.g. waste paper for scrap pads, boxes & jiffy envelopes
2. Only print hard copy when absolutely necessary
3. Maximise use of electronic forms and marketing material
4. Use duplex printers and photocopiers
5. Operate good stock control
6. Assess whether to buy in bulk or not
7. Switch to electronic invoicing
8. Buy recycled paper and other stationary products
9. Buy recycled products or products in recycled packaging
10. Avoid disposable products
11. Buy robust, reusable products that will last as long as possible
12. Contact senders of junk mail & MPS and FPS
13. Recycle toner cartridges, paper, card, plastic bottles, cans and glass
14. Buy only what is really needed to reduce waste and stock holding costs
15. Buy locally to support the local economy & reduce transportation impacts
16. Avoid unnecessary packaging
17. Buy products that are made from (& packaged in) recyclable or
18. compostable materials
19. Replace coffee sachets with jars, and sugar sachets with bowls of sugar
20. Switch from paper towels to air hand-dryers or washable towel systems
21. Install refillable soap dispensers in the kitchen and toilets
22. Use refillable containers with environmentally friendly cleaning materials
23. Check cleaning staff use the correct concentration of cleaning agents
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Related Items From Everyone
Access exclusive discounts and cash-back vouchers worth £190There will never be a better time to...
Fellowes are a global company with European Head Office in Doncaster UK. We...
Zero carbon housing plans have been proposed by Irish environment minister John Gormley this...
24 Jul 2008
Large-scale governmental investment will be required to lift people out of fuel poverty in the...
12 Jun 2008
A new centre to develop renewable and low carbon energy technologies will be built in Cheshire,...
25 Feb 2008