Job Type: Full Time
Location: Florida, United States
Posted: 20 Oct 2011 08:10:50
The health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) manager develops, implements, and maintains procedures and programs to minimize HSSE risks and ensure compliance
with regulatory requirements including OSHA, FDEP and DHS.
Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive HSSE management process including operational audits, corrective action tracking, MOC, training and incident investigation.
• Assist in the preparation of HSSE procedures and participate in HSSE training for plant personnel and provide ongoing HSSE and PSM support for the facility once operational.
• Works closely with plant personnel to identify risk and develop and implement control methodology. Provides review of operations, maintenance, and laboratory standard operating procedures for safety, PSM and environmental compliance.
• Perform audits/inspections/environmental surveillance and use findings to target coaching, communications and/or training to achieve consistent application, performance improvements, and regulatory compliance.
• Audits and monitors permits including hot work, confined space entries and lockout/tagout permits.
• Meet HSSE objectives and comply with all relevant laws and policies.
• Evaluate current and proposed codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future programs and activities.
• Ensure that permit applications and modifications as well as all environmental reporting are completed in a timely manner.
• Inspect and monitor all safety and environmental equipment
• Maintain all regulatory documentation for the site
Project specific activities
o Participate in cross-functional teams to optimize plant designs for HSSE and PSM considerations.
o Provide safety engineering input to HAZOP and SIL analyses and ensure all actions are included in the plant design.
o Support the commissioning activities
• Develop, implement and support emergency response plan.
• Develop, implement and support a comprehensive contractor management process including audits and annual re-qualifications.
• Maintain Site data base including near misses, action items and audits.
• Develop, implement and support a comprehensive process safety management (PSM) process including PSM audits, process safety information, HAZOPS, management of change, process hazard analysis, pre-startup safety reviews, training and mechanical integrity.
• Develop, implement and support a comprehensive security management process including procedures, audits, access control, bomb threats, and theft or fraud reporting.
• Develop, implement and support a comprehensive training system including development of training topics and materials, maintaining accurate training database, refresher training, contractor and new employee training and assurance that employee training is current including operating procedures, ergonomics and HSSE requirements.
• Provide input on the effectiveness of training resources and materials.
• Previous HSSE experience in petrochemicals, refining or biofuels.
• Proven safety and environmental performance.
• Proven ability to work with others with strong inter-personal, influencing and leadership skills as well as strong written, verbal, and communications skills.
• An ability to manage work priorities to deliver real performance improvements in a busy and demanding work environment.
• Strong knowledge of safety and environmental systems and the pro-active application of new techniques to improve HSSE performance.
• Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
• Detailed knowledge of design codes and industry standards as applied to petrochemical facilities, process safety management, management of change process, and environmental regulations.
Education and experience
The successful candidate should have a minimum of a B.S. degree or professional safety and/or environmental certification and at least 5–10 years of related industrial experience in HSSE compliance or equivalent combination of education and experience. Specific experience in petrochemical manufacturing or biofuels in technology, production, or HSSE/PSM roles with an understanding of issues related to specific types of equipment, unit operations and maintenance is preferred.