Carbon Reduction Commitment
The Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) is a mandatory emissions trading scheme which aims to improve energy efficiency and reduce the amount of CO2 emitted in the UK. The legally-binding CRC – which forms part of a wider European initiative to cut carbon emissions – was initiated in the 2007 Energy White Paper. The scheme is administered by the Environment Agency.
The best way to benefit from participation in the CRC is to deliver reductions in CO2 emissions. By acting early, implementing energy efficiency measures and minimising carbon emissions, an organisation has the best chance of capitalising on the significant financial and reputational benefits.
UPL can help you meet your CRC obligations by:
• Evaluating whether you will be affected by the CRC
• Developing a CRC compliance strategy appropriate to your organisation
• Calculating your carbon footprint
• Assessing compliance costs
• Helping you to achieve the early action measures necessary for optimum league table performance – including installation of smart metering, achieving the Carbon Trust Standard and producing an ongoing energy management plan.
Contact us for more information.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
UPL (Utility Partnership Limited) Community
Related Items From Everyone
Europe represents the largest global market for energy-from-waste (EfW) power generation plants,...
28 Aug 2009
Carbon Resourcing is a creative environmental resourcing / recruitment...
An underwater aquifer in the North Sea could store Europe's carbon emissions for the next six...
19 Sep 2008
• This extremely efficient boiler has been specifically designed and rigorouslytested to comply...