23 Mar 2011 04:03:26
A reminder about UK Aware this weekend
To help you make the most of your time at UK Aware, we thought we'd highlight a few of the exciting things that will be happening in addition to our exhibitors' great products and services:
• Friday, 10am: – the fabulous sustainability expert and TV presenter who has greened the Premier League and helped Ariel turn to 30°, will be opening the show. The first 25 visitors through the door will get one of our wonderful goody bags, packed to the brim with green and ethical goodies!
• and many more exciting products and services!
• Friday/Saturday, 10.30 and 14.00: – bring up to 5 unwanted, clean and pressed items of clothing to exchange at our fantastic swish! At 10.30 and 14.00 each day, you can exchange your clothes for vouchers, and at 11.30 and 16.30 each day you get to exchange your vouchers for a free re-vamp of your wardrobe!
• Friday PM: the will be visiting the show.
• All day Friday/Saturday: while you browse the exhibition, and a treasure hunt on Saturday – look out for the golden ticket! Of course, our beloved Professor Kayoss will provide kids' entertainment at 14.00 both days.
• All day Friday/Saturday: – ask the questions and get the answers. We have speakers from Google, BT, The Mayor's Office, Ikea, DEFRA, LSE, WWF, The Green Party and many more. They will tackle topics such as cutting business costs and carbon at the same time, the future of eco transport, ethical finance, Earth Hour, sustainable tourism, feed in tariffs and the Green Deal.
• All day Friday/Saturday: from "Sex, Money, Shopping " to the who, what, why, when and how of recycling and our much loved It's Not Easy Being Green's Brigit Strawbridge talking about bees.
• All day Friday/Saturday: – not even re-cycling can beat re-use, re-read and re-love!
UK Aware is your opportunity to shop for great value green and ethical products you've never come across before. There are many great deals to bag form skincare to fashion, food to bike accessories, recycled items to innovative re-usable bottles, but keep in mind, most exhibitors cannot accept cards on the day so please do bring cash with you.