0% loans for Welsh renewable energy installers—borrow up to £2,800 for Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) assessment fees
0% business loans of £1,500 – £2,800 are available from the Carbon Trust to help organisations finance the cost of MCS certification.
Why a 0% loan makes business sense
• You can borrow between £1,500 – £2,800 interest-free
• Fund MCS certification costs and associated training or consultancy related to implementing a MCS001 document management system
• The loans are government funded and unsecured
• The application process is straightforward with no arrangement fees
• You'll receive a conditional offer within 1 week of your application being submitted
• Loans must be repaid over a period of 2 years
How do I apply for the loan?
Before starting the certification process, download and submit the application form for a loan. Subject to the eligibility criteria, you will receive a conditional loan offer within 1 week. Once you have received your conditional offer, you can start your application for MCS certification. The Carbon Trust will make the loan available upon receiving a valid MCS certification number. If you have started the MCS assessment process you can still access the loan. Apply at the earliest opportunity as the loan offer must be dated prior to the award of your MCS certificate number.
To qualify for a loan you must be:
• An installer of microgeneration products
• A company registered and operating in Wales
• Financially stable
How do I draw down the loan?
Once you receive your conditional loan offer, you can progress with your application for MCS certification. When you pass your assessment all you need to do is inform us when you receive your MCS certificate number. We will check this number against the MCS installer database on the MCS website.
Terms of loan:
• 6 months grace period
• 24 month pay back period
The amount you can borrow varies according to the number of technology types you are hoping to achieve certification for:
• 1 technology – £1,500
• 2 technologies – £1,700
• 3 technologies – £2,000
• 4 technologies – £2,400
• 5 technologies – £2,800
You may also be interested in our 0% business loan scheme which helps organisations finance and invest in energy saving projects.