It's all about 'U'!
Start Date:16 Mar 11
It's all about 'U'! - Reducing Carbon Emissions using External Wall Insulation
FREE Breakfast Briefing (Buffet Breakfast included)
Wednesday 16th March 2011 - 8am-10.30am
Staybridge Suites, Buxton Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6NL
With over 8.5million houses in Britain over 60 years old and responsible for around 27% of the UK's carbon dioxide emissions, the government's target of an 80% reduction in carbon emissions by 2050 could very well prove difficult to meet.
Significantly improving the energy efficiency of existing housing stock (especially "hard to treat" homes) by radical, large scale sustainable refurbishment programmes, with only limited funds, could prove difficult in the timescales set out.
This FREE breakfast briefing aims to give practical advice and information and address some of the issues facing social housing providers (housing associations, local authorities, registered social landlords) and those involved in the refurbishment process (contractors, architects, structural engineers, and so on) and will cover subjects including:
* Urgency – to meet carbon dioxide reduction targets
* Upcycling and upgrading – reusing and refurbishing existing housing stock using external wall insulation, as an alternative to demolition
* U-values and Part L Building Regulations – the reduction of carbon dioxide
* Understanding – refurbishment and funding options available
* Upskilling – how the external wall insulation industry aims to meet demand
In other words...
It's All About 'U'!