Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Sphere Fluidics Limited has developed unique products for use in single cell analysis and characterisation and provides collaborative R&D services in this area. We have patented novel systems that enable ultra-high throughput analysis of libraries of single cells and generation of their genetic, transcriptomic and proteomic profiles in miniaturised (pl to nl) volumes called picodroplets.
Sphere Fluidics' technology enables: generation of new enzymes and identification of novel strains for Microbial Biofuel production. Sphere Fluidics has established multiple commercial partnerships, won several waves of investment and together its Scientific Founders and the Company have received over £10 million in research and business funding to date.
The Company has the following USPs:
- One of the very few teams in the world with expertise in single cell analysis.
- Leading-edge, patented technology and proprietary know-how allows analysis and detection of single cells and their biomolecules.
- Extensive management experience in successfully commercialising innovative science and engineering.
- Expertise in a discovery platform with key applications that impacts multiple markets.
- Our novel "Cyto-Mine" process for single cell analysis and characterisation provides significant saving of time, resource and money compared to conventional workflows.
The Jonas Webb Building
Babraham Research Campus