Food Waste 2011
Start Date:14 Jul 11
Hotels, restaurants, schools, hospitals, households and other mass catering outlets generate huge amounts of food waste every year, the majority of which has traditionally gone to landfill. Businesses need to look at developing recycling strategies to divert this waste from landfill, which in turn can provide huge financial rewards and environmental benefits.
Food Waste 2011 looks at the different technologies available for recycling your food waste, whether on-site or off-site and addresses the issues involved with the collection and processing of food waste, bring together key industry speakers and featuring discussion forums, case studies and practical advice, enabling delegates to fully grasp the challenges, opportunities and rewards that this dynamic market offers.
• Lord Henley, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, DEFRA
• Andy Bond, director, May Gurney
• Suzanne McDermott, commercial manager, PDM Group
Case studies will be provided by
• Justin Strutt, project director, Insource Energy – Premier Foods RF Brooks Site
• Clive Tayton, managing director, Bionova Recycling – on solutions for a hotel and country club
• Will Kirkman, managing director, Burden Energy – on AD behind bars, HMP Guy's Marsh
• Beverley Hunt, catering development manager, The National Trust
• Mike Walters, operations manager, The John Lewis Partnership
• Peter Matthews, general manager, Castle Point Shopping Centre
With landfill tax rising every year it is essential to look at your food waste recycling now to reap the financial rewards and environmental benefits.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Recycling & Waste World Community
Linked Items From Recycling & Waste World
The emerging biogas industry has many key issues that it still needs to address, including: •...
Interest in farm-based renewable energy generation has surged in the past year, and 2011 is set...
Related Items From Everyone
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has recently published a fact sheet on a new fuel...
The Energystyle Keytag isolation switch ensures that all electrical devices are switched off when...
Barack Obama's plans for all new vehicles built in the US to average 35.5 miles per gallon by...
19 May 2009
A recent addition to the Bowller Group, our Environmental Systems division...
The carbon emissions released by short-haul flights may be a consideration for UK holidaymakers,...
23 Apr 2008