Principal sustainability consultant
Job Type: Full Time
Location: London, United Kingdom
Client Ref: 10742
Posted: 23 Mar 2011 09:03:34
Our client is a multi-disciplinary international consultancy. They have an urgent requirement for a principal sustainability consultant to head up the sustainability team in their Central London office.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
To provide leadership to the sustainability team. The team carry out commercially-focussed sustainability advice both to developers constructing new properties and to organisations wishing to develop sustainable policies and procedures. Current specialities include sustainability statements; EPCs; CSR; carbon footprinting; and low carbon feasibility studies and BREEAM assessments.
Key skills/ requirements
• At least 8 years experience of applying sustainability considerations and technical expertise to a range of projects, preferably within a consultancy role;
• Experience of team leadership and ownership;
• Self-starter with strong inter-personal skills and proactive character;
• Demonstrable solid technical knowledge of current and future legislation in relation to UK environmental law, with specialism on sustainability and energy considerations;
• Licensed BREEAM assessor – preferably including In Use and AP;
• Licensed Code for Sustainable Homes assessor;
• Experience of energy feasibility studies and EPC assessments;
• Experience of delivering projects on both existing building assessments and planning/development scenarios;
• Demonstrable knowledge of the CRC;
• Solid commercial awareness, context and proven business acumen;
• Completion of sustainability contributions to environmental statements, EIA chapters;
• Excellent report writing skills both on a technical and commercial level;
• Project management skills demonstrating financial control, team coordination and reporting;
• Previous line management experience
• Contributing to staff motivation, mentoring, appraisals and training and progression of junior staff; and
• Proven ability to actively seek new commercial opportunities (clients and markets), including opportunities in the client's group.
Other skills include
• Demonstrable quality, financial and time management skills;
• Extensive experience of proposal writing/successful project wins;
• Experience of technically reviewing reports;
• Substantial experience of client liaison (e.g. meetings, presentations) and key account management/relationship development;
• Experience of business development and marketing new and existing services;
• Ownership, development, contribution and deliverance towards overall business stream objectives; and
• Working within a dedicated quality management system, for example ISO 9001.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.