Energy operations associate
Job Type: Full Time
Location: London, United Kingdom
Client Ref: 10554
Posted: 14 Mar 2011 11:03:47
Provide consultancy, deliver projects, manage, supervise and resource on energy and sustainability projects, supporting our client's energy and sustainability operations team. The operations team is responsible for supporting clients with energy and carbon reduction opportunities in existing operational buildings. The role will include delivery of projects as well as management and support of other team members on a project basis. The candidate will assume the role of project manager as required, co-ordinating with internal teams, other project disciplines and the client. Take responsibility for commercial targets and client relationship development. The client will also consider a temporary contract.
• Undertake energy surveys and audits of existing energy and services infrastructure including production of benchmarks, energy performance analysis and development of recommendation to improve energy performance of buildings to both load management and services, in terms of costs, energy and carbon savings.
• Define, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, ie. report, specifications and drawing scope for all projects.
• Manage team finances to deliver targets for revenue and profit.
• Manage team resource to maximise profitability and ensure team staff are fully utilised and working efficiently.
• Support delivering and monitoring quality and resource requirement for each project within your control.
• Maintain professional knowledge of energy and sustainability legislation.
• Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
• Develop and manage energy management tools within the clients energy division.
• Develop understanding of new and up and coming legislation and how it will impact business.
Key skills and requirements
• An energy/building services related degree.
• Membership of a professional engineering body.
• Working knowledge of operational building services.
• Good communication/presentation skills.
• Understand client requirements/objectives.
• Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and other standards.
• Minimum 6 years' experience – technically competent in building services/facilities and energy efficiency.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For more information about this position, please contact Jason. Otherwise, applications can be made by clicking the button below and forwarding your CV.