Smart Metering Forum
Start Date:30 Nov 11 End Date:01 Dec 11
At last year’s event, the Energy Minister Charles Hendry announced that DECC was to assume responsibility for the governance of the Smart Metering Implementation Programme. One year on and moving forward with the foundation stage, the minister will return to the event along with leading figures from across the energy industry to consider whether the SMIP is on track for success and to discuss the priorities for next year.
Key issues to be addressed include:
• Procuring the comms solutions and licensing the DCC: examining some of the challenges
• Leading consumers on a smart journey: fostering interest in both the short and longer - term
• Smart management of smart data: getting the access, security and use of data right
• Smarter regulation for smart meters: what are the next steps?
• How will smart meters help to promote energy market transparency and competition?
• Is there enough commercial interoperability to enable a free-flowing, smart market?
• Smart tariffs: incentivising the right behaviour while protecting vulnerable consumers
• Recruiting and training a smart workforce and the challenges of getting meters through the door
Confirmed speakers include:
• Charles Hendry, Minister of State for Energy
• Niels Roberts, Director of Smart Metering, EDF Energy
• Dean Keeling, Director of Smart Homes, British Gas
• Neil Pennington, Head of Smart Implementation, RWE npower
• Susan Furnell, Head of Smart Networks, RWEnpower
• Dave Openshaw, Head of Future Networks, UK Power Networks
• Simon Hay, Chief Executive, Dunnhumby
To register and for more information please visit www.marketforce.eu.com/metering
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Related Items From Everyone
Inprova Energy is an independent energy management consultancy, providing...
The first African initiative to make hydrogen from water using green energy has been successfully...
02 Oct 2012
Commenting on Eric Pickles' announcement of a £250m fund to support councils returning to weekly...
30 Sep 2011
STS specializes in on-site repair of multistage centrifugal air & gas blowers...
Smart metering puts companies in control of their electricity consumption - enabling them to take...