Subsea structures design engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: 13 Jul 2011 12:07:16
Our client is a world leading wind energy and renewables manufacturing engineering company with more than 15 years' global experience. As part of their offshore development programme to meet customer demands, they have recently established a substantial investment programme for the UK directly responsible for the development of the next generation of offshore wind turbines. As a result of this investment they are looking for a mechanical/structural design engineer.
The role will design subsea structures and marine equipment. Prepare design calculations on mechanical lifting equipment and structural steelwork. Direct and monitor detailed drafting work. Assist in preparing proposals. Provide technical assistance to purchasing department.
Prepare technical specifications and other engineering documents.
• Specification, design and calculation of sea substructures
• Deep knowledge of structural calculation
• Deep knowledge of steel structures, and their industrialization processes
• Expertise in dimensioning systems from blank paper to manufacturing specs
• Generation of design documentation: diagrams, sketches, layouts, manufacturing drawings, quality specs
• Expertise in structural calculation methodologies. In particular extreme strength calculations, fatigue, fracture mechanics, buckling, vibrations, dynamic behaviour
• Management of suppliers, spec adaptation, supply management, homologation
• Deep knowledge of regulations and normative related to offshore structures
• Usage of CAD/CAM tools, in particular, CATIA v5, ABAQUS
• Usage of PLM software: Windchill, SAP
• Team working, time-to-market orientation, customer oriented