Lead structural engineer and structural engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: South England, United Kingdom
Posted: 02 Sep 2011 11:09:35
Our client a UK leading renewable energy developers and operator is currently recruiting for a structural engineer and lead structural engineer.
Our client develops, builds and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries.
Structural engineers will work in the offshore engineering team which is involved in projects from the development stage through to design, construction and operation.
We are looking for civil and structural engineers to undertake challenging and responsible roles on projects in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Engineers will be involved in all structural aspects of the wind turbine foundations and towers, as well as the offshore substation platforms.
Roles available include lead structural engineer and structural engineer within the multi-disciplinary team for a major construction project, and structural engineer on projects at development stage.
• Project expert for offshore structural engineering
• Guiding the strategic decision making for structural areas of the project
• Investigating and selecting design concepts
• Providing technical input into procurement strategies and contract management
• Management of consultant subcontractors
• Management of the structural design process
• Preparation of specifications
• Technical audit of fabrication facilities and installation equipment
• Technical assessment of contractor’s tenders
• Technical supervision of contractors during design, fabrication and installation
• Engineering quality assurance during manufacture and installation
Knowledge and skills
• University degree or comparable graduate education in civil or structural engineering
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, able to drive innovative and strategic thinking
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively within a multicultural team
• Strong coordination and leadership skills, highly motivated, confident and resourceful
• Fluent in English speaking and writing
• Knowledge of the design and construction of large industrial structures
• Understanding of the principles of dynamic structural analysis
• Familiarity with steel fabrication, and reinforced concrete construction
• Understanding of offshore installation, piling, marine operations and heavy lifting
• Experience of technical project management in the renewable energy, power generation or oil and gas industries