12 Nov 2010 12:11:46
Free training at Ecobuild Installer
Ecobuild Installer is designed to help installers take advantage of the growing demand for renewable technologies boosted by the Feed-in Tariff launched earlier this year and the anticipated Renewable Heat Incentive.
The exhibition features hundreds of suppliers of renewables and micro-generation systems, plus there are daily live demonstrations covering everything from solar installation to heat pumps, and over 50 seminars and training sessions which give advice not only on the hands-on skills, but on how to make the most of the business opportunities too.
Sponsored by Plumb Center, Ecobuild Installer brings together the best-known and most innovative suppliers of renewables and micro-generation technologies.
Ecobuild Installer's 50+ free training sessions and seminars provide essential information for anyone who wants to develop their business and skills to include renewable technologies through two connected seminar and training streams, and . There will also be practical demonstrations.
Please continue reading for more information on the training sessions. Contact us to request a free ticket.
• Demystifying microgeneration technologies
• The business opportunity and how to take advantage of it
• The renewables market – growing in a downturn
• Learning about funding and grants
• Taking advantage of the Feed-in Tariff
• Taking advantage of the Renewable Heat Incentive
• Using existing skills and developing new ones: becoming equipped
• Utilising the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
• How to obtain MCS certification
• Making the most of MCS qualification
• Helping the householder to choose the best microgeneration solution
• Using renewables and microgeneration systems in existing homes
• Energy efficiency and microgeneration
• Understanding power generation and heating fundamentals using microgeneration
• Introduction to installing and maintaining micro renewables
• Introduction to surveying, sizing and installing solar thermal systems
• Introduction to installing and maintaining PV and BIPV electric systems
• Connecting micro renewables to other heating and power systems
• Introduction to installing and maintaining biomass systems
• Introduction to installing and maintaining heat pumps: air source
• Air source heat pumps in refurbishment
• Introduction to installing and maintaining heat pumps: ground source
is a series of live installation demonstrations that complements the learning from the sessions where you'll see:
• demonstrations of solar thermal collectors being mounted on roofs, tackling "fill and flush" problems, and connecting systems to controls, pump stations, and to twin coil hot water cylinders
• practical deployment of ground and air source heat pumps, including examples of collector and emitter circuit options, and how to install heat pumps into a standard existing residential property
• demonstrations of retrofitting solar thermal systems into existing hot water systems including the replacement of hot water cylinders and boilers
• roof mounting solar PV panels and connecting together the system components including: inverters (to change the DC to AC current), solar batteries, charge controllers, grounding circuits, and ‘net’ meters
Taking place throughout the three days of the event, these practical demonstrations will be delivered by experts and tackle the challenges that installers will encounter in live situations, with plenty of opportunities to see the work close-up, and for one-to-one advice.