A case study from Herschel on the UK's largest Infrared Installation in an Industrial Unit.
The customer brief was to heat a very large area cost effectively and as efficiently as possible.
Background to the project.
RDC Teckhnicon House, Braintree, is a very large industrial unit in Essex.
The 1,136 m2 area is used by technicians working on computers as well as storage and single storey offices. Only part of the unit needed heating. However, to heat only part of the area with convective heating requires the whole unit to be heated, including storage and goods out. This would mean a large waste of energy.
• Far Infrared Space Heaters were recommended.
• The client initially requested the whole main unit to be covered with Heaters requiring 193 heaters. This was reduced to just 44.
• Positioned at 3m from the ground it projects a heat circle 5m in diameter. The heater is not affected by air movement so perfect where you want to create zoned heating.
• In addition to the 1,136 m2 main unit, a further 12 heaters were installed in a stripping area at 4m high and 4 heaters in a shredding area.
• Heaters were installed during fit out works and mounted at the same time as the lighting which meant only additional cable was required; reducing install costs compared to gas or oil.
The installation of far infrared resulted in energy costs being effectively managed by only heating the required area. The installation was quick & easy and both the client & staff are happy with the quiet comfortable heat.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Herschel Far Infrared Heating Ltd Community
Linked Items From Herschel Far Infrared Heating Ltd
We find Churches and other similar areas for public gathering have certain common requirements...
This is Herschel Infrared's 2014 product brochure containing product descriptions and...
18 Aug 2014
The Herschel Advantage range is the world's only Far Infrared space heater range capable of...
The world's first and definitive online training portal for all aspects of Infrared heating,...
Related Items From Everyone
EMSc UK Ltd’s Powerstar voltage optimisation seminar in Southampton on the 6th December marked...
12 Dec 2011
Heatingsave reduces your fuel bills by controlling your heating in...
Purability Ltd recruit professionals for a more sustainable future. We offer...
Wiley has a wide variety of books focused on the green sector, the environment and management of...
The Fireplace Heatsaver is a transparent acrylic shield that sits in front of...