Metering and communications officer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: North Lancashire, United Kingdom
Client Ref: MCO36
Posted: 30 May 2012 03:05:22
Our client is a market leading smart metering company who are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious metering and communications officer to join their expanding team.
Role and responsibilities
The metering communications officer will be responsible for communication with, and uploading and downloading data from circa 200,000 machine-to-machine (M2M) devices in the field.
This includes the following responsibilities:
• The daily download of data from the fleet of M2M devices in the field.
• Troubleshooting and resolving communication issues with M2M devices, including liaising with the engineering field force.
• Managing the use of the applications and systems necessary to support the M2M devices.
• The security of M2M devices and the data being transferred across the mobile networks.
• Implementing communications via alternative technologies if GPRS is not available, e.g. CSD, PSTN, SMS, DSL, etc.
• Providing supplementary support for other networked devices within the business such as PCs, servers, telephones.
• Act as a high level technical resource in the support/review/process improvement of our clients existing metering services.
• To carry out any reasonable task within your capabilities as instructed by your manager.
Qualifications and education requirements
• BEng or equivalent in engineering, science or arts with appropriate major (e.g. electronics, computers) or equivalent experience.
• Machine-to-machine communications, mobile networks, GPRS, private APNs.
• Knowledge of IP networks, TCP/IP, routing, Cisco hardware.
• Knowledge of SQL Server, relational databases.
• Experience/knowledge in the smart metering industry would be preferred.
• Ability to communicate complex tchnical solutions in an easy to understand manner.
• Ability to perform critical analysis and solve complex problems.
The Green Recruitment Company is an employment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact Tim Hall.