19 Oct 2012 10:10:37
Shortlist announced for awards for excellence in Turkish renewables
The Turkish International Renewable Energy Congress, the leading Turkish renewables conference, has announced the shortlisted nominees for the 2nd annual Turkish International Renewable Energy Awards.
An overwhelming number of nominations were received, an excellent indication to the number of worthy projects and innovative companies active in the Turkish Renewables market. The shortlisted nominees for the 2012 awards are:
Best Turkish Project
• Antalya Metropolitan
• Ayrinti Teknolojileri
• Mavisis Teknoloji
• Ormat – IREM I
• Soma Wind Farm – Polat Energy/EDF using Enercon Turbines
Most Innovative Renewable Energy Company
• IBC Solar
• MB Holding
• Mogan Energi Yatrim Holding A.Ş.
Best Renewable Energy Collaboration
• Soma Wind Farm – Polat Energy/EDF using Enercon Turbines. Completed, January 2012 with a 140.4 MW output.
• Gerlicher Solar/Canadian Solar. Canadian Solar Supplies Modules for Turkey's First and Largest Governmental PV Project Installed by Gehrlicher Merk Solar
Green Energy Leadership Award
• Çataklı Enerji Eğitim Yayıncılık Danışmalık ve Tic.Ltd.Şti
• Clivet SpA
• Ministry of Energy and Mines
• iRES Energy
The nominations will be assessed by the independent awards judging panel, made up of experts and leading figures in the Turkish renewables industry, including the following:
• Yusuf Yazar, general manager, General Directorate of Renewable Energy
• İsmail Hakkı Karaca, GENSED board member
• Abdullah Ates, engineering department, Ankara University
• Toros Ozbek, geology engineer, adviser, Association of Geothermal Source Municipalities
• Süreyya Yücel Özden, president, World Energy Council Turkish National Committee
• Burak Kartal, finance expert, TURSEFF project, EBRD
• Deniz Daştan, energy expert, EPDK
• Yalçın Kıroğlu, chairman of the board, Unlicensed Electricity Generation Association
Winners of the 2012 awards will be announced at the awards ceremony held alongside the Turkish International Renewable Energy Congress, being held in Istanbul next week. The congress, now in its 4th year, will bring together 550 renewable energy experts to discuss how to drive forward this promising market. To reserve your space at the congress and awards, please contact us.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Green Power Conferences Community
Linked Items From Green Power Conferences
What are the real implications for the future of wind energy, post Calderon, within Mexico? When...
30 Apr 2012
The Mexican International Renewable Energy Congress today announced the MIREC webinar, Mexican...
27 Mar 2012
The 2nd annual Solar South Africa announces the 2012 speaker line up and agendaElizabeth Dipuo...
16 Feb 2012
January 2012 Rome – The recent Solar Millennium closure is just the latest in a number of high...
06 Feb 2012
Related Items From Everyone
WinterGreen Research announces that it has published a new study Solar Panels Market Shares,...
15 Jul 2015
Acute Market Reports
A number of organizations could see an increase in the attention government pays to US wind...
22 Jul 2011
Energy generated from biomass has a key role to play in helping Scotland to achieve its 100%...
20 Jun 2011
Technologies for effect storage of renewable energy sources
The natural process of diffusion is harnessed in designs for systems that purify water and...
15 Jan 2009