Wind Power Portugal
Start Date:22 Nov 11 End Date:23 Nov 11
Over the last decade Portugal has built a strong national economy around its rich wind power resources, now possessing the second largest share of wind power per capita in the world. At a time of economic downturn the Portuguese wind sector has continued to propel forwards, with an ambitious 2020 target and the launch of innovative offshore pilot projects.
With a new government at the helm the industry stands at a pivotal moment. It is now more important than ever for confidence in Portuguese wind to be driven forward to consolidate support and stimulate new investment.
Wind Power Portugal aims to assemble the most influential individuals and organisations in the Portuguese wind industry, along with European ministers and global investors, to address the issues and drive forward the future of Portuguese wind development.
We expect to welcome government decision makers amongst over 100 participants from across Europe to contribute to their views and shape the future of the industry.
This year's event will focus on:
• Accessing project finance—Which organisations are currently investing? What financing options are available? Can long term investment be stimulated?
• The continuation of the feed in tariff—At what level will the tariff be secured? Will this lead to sustainable project financing?
• Overcoming long project lead-in times—How can the issue of insufficient grid connection points be resolved? Can the permitting process be made simpler?
• Examining increasing environmental concerns—Will tensions increase as the onshore market further matures? What are the key environmental concerns?
• Cross country grid interconnection—How best to create a balancing market with Europe and North Africa? Can voltage issues be resolved with Spain?
• The development of the smart grid, plug-in electric vehicles and other storage options and their future role in wind integration.
• Cutting edge developments in offshore wind pilots, achieving 500MW by 2019?
This event will take place in Lisbon. For further details send a message to Bryony.