Renewable Energy Risk Management 2012
Start Date:26 Jun 12 End Date:27 Jun 12
The renewable energy industry is growing and maturing as technologies evolve and the market adapts to embrace green energy. With this growth comes an increasing need for investment at a time when appetite for risk is at a historic low.
The second annual Renewable Energy Risk Management will bring you together with your peers and specialists from the renewable energy insurance community to help you make your projects bankable. With a unique delegation made up of risk-focussed decision makers and advisors, this is an exclusive opportunity to benchmark your risk management strategy.
The 2011 was highly productive and provided a crucial forum for heads of risk as they work to satisfy investors with stringent risk profiles, whilst minimising the cost of insurance tools.
"This conference allowed people with in-depth knowledge of the renewables field to exchange ideas and debate where the green insurance sector needs to grow. In particular the mix of brokers, underwriters, policy advisors and insurance purchasers enabled a great level of knowledge sharing and cross-fertilisation of ideas."
—E. Cahalin, chief accounting officer, Mainstream Renewable Power
New for 2012
Risk management strategies employed by developers, utilities and their brokers are becoming more sophisticated. In response to demand from the industry, the event has been expanded to encompass a greater variety of insurance and hedging tools and now takes place over two days. This will enable greater focus on derivatives and other, increasingly popular hedging tools, as well as analysis of classic insurance offerings as they adapt to reflect the market. How for instance will the insurance industry respond to the growing demand for political risk insurance?
2011 speakers included:
• Dr. Dörte Fouquet, Director, European Renewable Energies Federation, Brussels
• Chris Smith, Chief Financial Officer, Cape Wind - Read 60 Second Interview
• Ciaran O'Brien, Chief Executive Officer, Wind Capital Group
• Nick Entwistle, Consultant, Echelon Claims Consultants
• Jeff Powell, Chairman, JLT Specialty Limited's Construction Division
• Christian Scharrer, Head of Green Tech Solutions, Special Enterprise Risks, MunichRe
• Jonathan Haysom, Partner, JLT Specialty Limited's Claims Division
• Carsten Durchholz, Head of Risk Management Markets & Finance, Vattenfall Europe
• Kirsty Hamilton, Associate Fellow, Renewable Energy Finance Project, Chatham House
• Jan P. Mumenthaler, Head Insurance Services Group, Business Risk Department, International
• Finance Corporation
• Reema Mannah, Senior Commercial Underwriter, First Title
• Melanie Davis, Research Project Coordinator, Catalan Institute of Climate Sciences, IC3
• Adam Humphrey, Divisional Director, Cunningham Lindsey International
• Vincenzo Lambiase, Insurance Manager, Enel Green Power
Renewable Energy Risk Management 2012 will take place in London. For more information and to register your place contact Samantha Coleman.