Optimizing Wind Power Performance
Start Date:27 Sep 11 End Date:28 Sep 11
Optimizing Wind Power Performance is a crucial annual meeting which brings the major wind energy players together to discuss the changing face of the industry. Attendees will network with project owners, OEMs, O&Ms and technical experts over two days of case studies and high-level speaker presentations.
80% of US energy to be made from clean energy by 2035? But how to make the most of wind power? In 2011, nearly $40 billion worth of wind installations in the U.S. come out of warranty. This leaves wind farm operators and owners with two major dilemmas; managing the post-warranty process and what to do next.
Coupled with warranty expiration, many wind farm owners are finding that they have responsibility for parks that were not optimally designed. Steps can be taken to rectify this (such as moving turbines) but they are expensive, time consuming and will affect the short term production of power. Other routes to optimization rely on effective data management and a deep understanding of forecasting in order to create accurate measures of potential. Many tools exist in the market place but they are often poorly understood and badly deployed.
Key reasons to attend
• See how the post-warranty environment will change operator/owner business models
• Find out what impact outsourcing will have upon your business and weigh up the pros and cons of in-sourcing versus outsourcing
• Understand how to turn data into knowledge and apply it to get the best out of your plant
• Assess the changing role of the OEM as sources of project finance
• Network with a senior delegation of operators, owners, utilities, OEMs and technical experts
Confirmed speakers include:
• José Peñarrubia – director of construction, Acciona Energy
• Dr Karl-Heinz Mertins – director technology and operations, Exelon Wind
• Ted Hofbauer – director, asset management, Pattern Energy
• Kevin Borgia – executive director, Illinois Wind Energy Association
• Dan Juhl – chief executive officer, Juhl Wind
Send an enquiry if you would like to register.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Green Power Conferences Community
Linked Items From Green Power Conferences
In the space of just two years, GeoPower Europe has undoubtedly become the must-attend European...
Returning to Istanbul for its third year, Solar Turkey produced with the government support of...
According to Christian Kjaer, chief executive officer of EWEA, "Turkey could be among the top...
Forget water or oil, we'll run out of phosphorus first, say some. Will that spell "doom" for...
14 Mar 2011
Related Items From Everyone
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research...
Green World Conferences are delighted to announce that the Onshore Wind Conference will in 2014...
Elta Fans will be exhibiting at the Facilities Show1 (Stand 2D84) for the first time, taking the...
07 May 2013
The burgeoning anaerobic digestion (AD) industry in the UK has reached a “significant” milestone,...
18 Mar 2013
PV Insider has announced the details of their latest complimentary webinar on Tuesday April 10th,...
04 Apr 2012