British Energy Challenge
Start Date:20 Sep 13
The Department of Energy and Climate Change welcomes you to The British Energy Challenge exhibition here in Newcastle. Take an energy journey through our 3 zones where you can:
Become a star at the Met Office’s TV studio
Make yourself a free fruit smoothie by riding a bicycle
Have a go at balancing energy supply and demand using a smart grid model
The Challenge – transforming the way we make and use energy
• Take a look at SSE’s electric car and play Siemen’s virtual island game.
• Find out how National Grid is upgrading the UK’s electricity infrastructure.
• Learn how Sheffield Solar and UK DEA are tackling the energy challenge.
Economic Opportunity – jobs and growth
• Visit the Energy Institute to find out about career opportunities in the energy sector.
• Discover how renewable technologies are shaping the future of energy at Renewable UK, ENER-G, National Renewable Energy Centre & Siemen’s Marine Current Turbine stands.
• Can your business reduce its energy use? Talk to ABB and David Brown Gear Systems.