Optigreen green roofs
Optigreen systems are the perfect way to create sustainable green roofing solutions, promoting biodiversity, and turning what would otherwise be wasted space into useful areas for both people and vehicles.
Modern green roofs have been in existence for around 35 years and Optigreen was one of the first major innovators in green roof design. All Optigreen roofs are backed by a comprehensive quality system in accordance with ISO 9001 and are certified to FLL standards for green roof systems.
Optigreen green roofs offer a host of advantages, both in terms of technical performance and promoting sustainability.
– producing oxygen, regulating moisture in the air, absorbing dust and acting as a store for rainwater.
– because of the additional thermal insulating effect of the green roof build-up.
– the green roof buildup also acts as an additional acoustic insulant, thereby reducing sound transmission.
– because the waterproofing membrane is fully protected against UV, physical damage and temperature changes, its lifespan is considerably increased to 40 years or more.
– the Optigreen green roof build-up reduces water run-off. The water that is retained eventually evaporates or flows away at a slower rate and therefore eliminates risks of overloading the sewerage system.
– by replicating natural environments and habitats that are lost to urban development.
– green roof gardens provide opportunities for leisure and other activities on flat roofs where space would otherwise be unavailable for use.
– green roofs improve the microclimate by cooling and humidifying the air. Green roofs also filter and bind dust and other harmful particles in the atmosphere.
– the greening of roofs promotes biodiversity and encourages a variety of wildlife and plants to thrive.
Contact us for a quote.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Related Items From Everyone
The Scottish government is urging homeowners to take new measures to save energy within their...
06 Oct 2009
Lo-Carbon was extended to the commercial product range a few years ago now, but the products...
"Canadian company says that it has developed a way for makers of precast concrete products to...