12 Jul 2011 04:07:26
Geothermal Insider: the only geothermal operations and plant optimization conference of 2011 could not have come at a better time for the industry
25 leading geothermal industry decision makers, including Alterra Power Corp, RamPower, PG&E, Landsvirkjun, Baker Hughes and Mitsubishi, will be meeting in September to discuss ways of driving operating and maintenance costs down whilst optimizing plant production at the only geothermal operations and plant optimization conference this year.
This meeting comes at a critical time in the industry when geothermal operators are expected to help meet the ambitious renewable targets in the U.S, including a 33% target for California and 25% for Nevada over the next 10 years. Geothermal resources providing the only base load form of energy in the world should be playing a bigger part in the industry as it is at present, however, the extremely high costs and risks during the exploration process makes it challenging for operators to develop as fast as they would like to.
For these reasons this meeting will focus on ways of saving costs during geothermal operations and maintenance by learning from the latest case studies and being exposed to the latest technology and solution providers. Leading technology providers including GeothermEx, PowerChem Tech and Misubishi will be presenting on hot topics including ways of overcoming common challenges such as corrosion, scaling, costly turbine maintenance and resource degradation which could save geothermal operators $millions in the long term.
Additionally, the question "How can we maximize production on our existing resources?" will be discussed in great detail amongst these top geothermal companies. Geothermal experts including Veizaides & Associates, Power Engineers and the Bureau of Economic Geology will be giving insightful presentations on power plant and gathering system enhancements, capitalizing on existing infrastructure and the latest advancement s in power conversion technologies to ensure operators are working with the most up-to-date information.
This unique meeting will cover a variety of challenges ensuring you walk away with business critical knowledge including:
• best practice advice from geothermal experts to ensure that your plant maximizes resources and produces energy to full capacity
• an analysis of common challenges faced during operations which will ensure you develop best practice solutions for dealing with emergencies in a cost effective and efficient manner
• the latest technologies which will help your plant run to maximum capacity and drive costs down throughout its life cycle
• the latest developments for geothermal projects and discover how your business can secure work for 2011 and beyond
• options available for your business to gain funding for future project
• the opportunity to train all your engineers and staff in one day at our plant maintenance and reservoir management workshop
For more information please contact us.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Related Items From Everyone
Fluorinated gases (F-gases) are potent greenhouse gases and include hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs),...
14 May 2015
As Europe's most exclusive strategic forum for the power utilities industry, the EPG summit...
Innovative and energy saving water dispenser. Save energy and reduce your bills.
A developer has begun work on a series of new low carbon homes in Somerset, according to...
21 Jul 2008
Wine connoisseurs attempting to live a low carbon lifestyle may be pleased to hear that a...
30 May 2008