Job Type: Full Time
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom
Client Ref: VR/08301
Posted: 11 May 2011 04:05:52
Our client is a fast growing and ambitious company developing concentrating photovoltaic (CPV) solar electricity systems. The company is now accelerating its product and application development programmes, and is recruiting high calibre, dedicated individuals with the ambition to develop their career in the cleantech sector.
We are looking to recruit a development engineer to play a key role in developing control and electrical systems as part of our multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers.
• Design and development of hardware, software and wiring sub-systems for power generation and control in CPV systems, liaising with industrial suppliers and subcontract manufacturing partners
• Design and installation of prototype control, measurement and electrical systems to support internal development activities
• Installation and testing of CPV systems and applications for field trials and demonstrations
• Work with external partners to develop integrated CPV application solutions
• Design and execution of experiments to validate performance and reliability of software and hardware
• Generation of documentation including technical specifications, service instructions, and test reports
• Responsibility for cost, quality and safety of control and electrical systems and to ensure systems are compliant with relevant legislation
• Excellent degree in electrical, electronic or control engineering
• A minimum of five years industrial experience working as a professional engineer in a relevant development or manufacturing environment
• Project planning and management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of working in a customer facing role
• Ability to travel worldwide
• Experience in renewable energy would be an advantage
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) has selected CSP to produce electricity with the 550MW Duba 1...
In line with the Church of England’s ‘Shrinking the Footprint’ campaign, this Grade 1 listed...
The acclaimed industry conference will this year be opened by Nobel Prize winning Mexican...
Grid-Scale CSP up to 1GW via PPA or own Plant
Installation of Solar PV modules on the south faci facade of the William Jefferson Clinton Centre
If your message requires a response, please leave your email address.