Surface water management
Start Date:14 Jun 11
The pace of change in surface water management is fast with the implementation of the Flood and Water Management Act and the rapidly developing involvement of local authorities. The aim of this conference is to focus on surface water management and the key issues, legislation, implementation and the need for change, funding and the role of water companies, planning, implementation and SUDS.
• An overview of the current situation
• The developing policy context
• Surface water flooding – a local authority perspective – risk, consequences and political buy-in
• Funding surface water schemes and the proposed new regime
• Water company drainage investment and surface water flood risk management – partnership regarding Flood and Water Management Act
• Surface water management plan completion – sharing the lessons
• Surface water management scheme delivery – implementation – examples from early action
• Mainstreaming SUDs across all aspects of planning and delivery including retrofitting
The full agenda and booking form are available to download.