Realising the potential of anaerobic digestion
Start Date:28 Jun 11
The aim of the conference is to explore key issues concerning the future of anaerobic digestion in the context of the government's objectives, the country's need, the water sector's capacity, the waste sector's interests and in particular to explore with regulators and what can be done to remove the barriers to co-digestion.
The conference objectives include:
• The new paradigm: what does a really ambitious vision for anaerobic digestion in the context of the water, waste and energy sectors look like?
• To understand the government's position and policy context of their work – DEFRA (but also covering DECC's work)
• To understand a waste perspective on AD and co-digestion
• To understand the Ofwat position on anaerobic digestion and energy generation and their position on co-digestion
• To understand a water industry view on the future of anaerobic digestion (improvements in performance from new technologies) and in particular the issues with co-digestion
• To understand what co-digestion involves in practice – what happens when this is
• Anaerobic digestion and co-digestion: barriers and incentives – next steps
The full schedule and booking form are available to download.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Linked Items From CIWEM
The pace of change in surface water management is fast with the implementation of the Flood and...
Related Items From Everyone
Six month £140,000 study to examine feasibility of using waste heat from power stations for...
03 May 2011
Recycling & Waste World
26 September 2008A family home of Mr and Mrs Fox in the small Wiltshire village of Collingbourne...
07 Sep 2010
Installation, Service and repair of renewable energy solar & wind...