This is a 3 day course aimed at those people who have a responsibility for auditing their company Environmental Management System.
The course will equip delegates with the skills necessary for them to participate in an audit of their own organisation Environmental Management System to establish:
• Whether it meets the organisations environmental policy
• If it is efficient and effective and complies with statutory requirements
• Whether it meets the organisations objectives and targets and that these link to environmental aspects and impacts
• The effectiveness of operational controls
• How the EMS can be improved
The three day course wil be of particular use to those responsible for effectiveness and continual improvement of an organisation's EMS.
The course will cover:
• Background to auditing
• Background to Environmental Management Systems auditing
• Environmental risk and business practices
• Aims and objectives of EMS auditing
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits and range of audit types
• Overview of ISO 19011 internal auditing requirements
• Principles of auditing, including scope, objectivity, criteria, evidence, conclusions and reporting
• The internal audit process – initiating and preparing an audit, developing checklists and conducting an audit
• Overview of environmental legislation and regulation and role inauditing
• Understanding and identifying environmental aspects and impacts
• Professional bodies and sector guidance
This course is delivered at various venues and dates throughout the year. Contact us if you are interested in taking the course.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Carbon & Environment Solutions Ltd Community
Related Items From Everyone
As the tidal industry moves towards full scale multi megawatt arrays, one of the main challenges...
12 Sep 2011
EMSc (UK) Ltd, manufacturer of the innovative Powerstar voltage optimisation system, has recently...
22 Jul 2011
President Obama has announced over $476 million (£299 million) in funding from the American...
28 May 2009
The British government must pursue a public policy that supports energy efficiency and technology...
20 Apr 2009
Environmentally friendly eco bags. A friendly alternative to carrier bags.