CEO of a biomass company
Salary: Above industry rate
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Chennai, India
Client Ref: #323369
Posted: 30 Nov 2010 01:11:40
With headquaters in the UK and USA, our client is a publically listed (OTC stock market) company offering clean energy generation and sustainable fuel supply projects within India, Africa and South East Asia. With a target of generating 500MW sustainable renewable electricity over the next five years, they are looking for a CEO to head-up their Indian operation.
You will provide leadership to position the company at the forefront of the industry; work with the board in the development and implementation of their strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives, and to promote revenue, profitability and growth as an organization; oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources; and oversee multiple biomass acquisitions and oversee their integration into the company.
1. Help develop and implement a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
2. Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency (multiple biomass operations), quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
3. Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
4. Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
5. Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
6. Attend international quarterly meetings of the board of directors
7. Identify, appraise, document, negotiate and close biomass acquisition
8. Assist in raising equity and debt financing for the company in line with the company's growth targets.
9. Oversee the hiring and training of senior and executive management of the company.
10. Interact with the stock markets and attend press conferences on behalf of the company.
11. Evaluate performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
12. Represent the company at conferences, legislative sessions, committee meetings, and at formal functions.
13. Promote the company to local, regional, national, and international constituencies. 14. Build high level network with the renewables sector.
15. Direct company planning and policy-making
16. Responsible for filing monthly, quarterly and annual reports as require under the laws of India.
17. Oversee the preparation of the annual shareholders report.
18. Manage relationships with company's appointed SEC counsel, auditors and accountants.
19. To ensure proper accountability of all operating facilities and the staffing of such.
1. Currently in a CEO, COO or senior VP role within the power generation sector
2. In-depth experience with the renewable energy sector (preference given to biomass)
3. Extensive network within renewables, government and finance within India
4. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures. Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources. Ability to analyse and interpret financial data. Knowledge of public relations principles and practices. Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
5. Experience managing acquisitions (including identification, appraise, document, due diligence)
6. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact with officials, clients, partners, suppliers, etc at all levels of and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
7. Engineering degree and MBA.
Contact us for more information about this position, or click the button below if you would like to apply for the position.