Recycled mixed plastic lumber
Recycled mixed plastic lumber—also known as recycled composite profiles (RCPs)—is the basic building block from which the British Recycled Products range of environmentally friendly maintenance-free furniture and sustainable construction products are made.
Unlike the majority of recycled plastic material that is imported from Holland, Germany, France and Poland, they are exclusively manufactured in Britain using only British waste plastics that would otherwise be sent to landfill.
Designed to replace traditional construction materials, RCPs are impervious to water and will not rot. They allow for the easy and quick construction of fences, revetments, boardwalks and pontoons, to name but a few applications, where the area could be subject to flooding or standing water. They are also incredibly strong, impact resistant and vandal proof, making them a long term zero maintenance solution.
This allows significant commercial and technical benefits, not least, lowering the carbon footprint of construction projects compared to traditional solutions.
Coupled with the major positive environmental benefits, RCPs can be used for any application traditionally solved using timber, concrete or metals and provides an economical and environmentally sustainable alternative to these materials.
• Reduction of energy consumption by 66%
• Production of only a third of the sulphur dioxide
• Production of only half of the nitrous oxide
• Reduction of water usage by nearly 90%
• Reduction of carbon dioxide generation by two-and-a-half times
• 1.8 tonnes of oil are saved for every tonne of recycled polythene produced
• Lasts many times longer than timber
• Rot and algae proof
• Crack, chip and splinter proof
• Insect and animal resistant
• Labour saving – minimal maintenance
• Non slip
• Vandal resistant
• Less flammable than timber
• Easy to clean
• Can be worked like timber
• Holds screws and fittings well
• Reduced whole life costs
• Diverting material from landfill
• Reduces the carbon footprint of any project
Please contact us for technical information, or to purchase this product.