Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: South Bucks, United Kingdom
Posted: 02 Jun 2011 11:06:38
Position title: Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Based at: Belectric UK operations centre
Position reports to: UK Operations Manager
Role overview: To effectively manage the efficient receipt, storage and despatch of goods by effectively managing people, processes and systems.
• Work closely with the Project Managers and UK Operations Manager to understand the requirement for each project, develop effective working relationships and ongoing management processes.
• Contribute to the planning and management of the deliverable resource requirements for each client project.
• Ensure that resources are delivered in the right quantity, right condition, right items and on time to each client project.
• Manage warehouse, supply and distribution functions.
• Ensure effective use of storage areas and storage media.
• Prepare and submit management information reports to senior management.
• Communicate information to staff, briefing on a daily basis.
• Manage warehouse and distribution team of six to eight people, including performance.
• Ensure that staff training development needs are met.
• Ensure that all health and safety regulatory obligations, hygiene requirements, fire safety and security requirements are met.
• Ensuring the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
• Proven track record of warehouse management.
• Excellent planning, change and time management abilities.
• Self motivated, focused, results and quality oriented.
• Team management and leadership experience, comfortable with managing teams of six to eight people.
• Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork to achieve tight deadlines.
• Cordial and professional with excellent client-facing skills.
• Working knowledge of electronic inventory management systems.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Effective communication both verbally and in written form.
• Be innovative with sound judgement and decision making.
• Good professional knowledge of planning capacity, stock control and processing orders.
• Computer literacy.
• Clean driving license including category C1 is desirable.
• Forklift Certificate essential.
• IOSH Managing Safely.
The start date for this position will be in 4–6 weeks' time. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Chris Hammick.