28 Oct 2011 02:10:24
Huhne right to recognise economic benefits of renewables – ADBA
Commenting on Chris Huhne MP's speech making the case for renewables on Wednesday 26 October, Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association CEO Charlotte Morton said: "Chris Huhne's focus on the economic benefits of renewable energy is welcome.
"If fully supported, biogas alone could contribute over £2bn a year to the UK economy, and create 35,000 jobs – as well as the chance of valuable export markets for UK manufacturing. With concerns about energy security, fossil fuels getting ever more expensive and consumer energy price rises following, we cannot afford not to invest in renewable energy."
Five facts you need to know about ADBA
• ADBA stands for the Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association
• The Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association was founded in September 2009
• Since its launch ADBA has acquired over 250 members, including AD plant operators, suppliers, local authorities, farmers, utility and energy companies such as British Gas and Scotia Gas Networks, supermarkets such as Waitrose and Morrisons, fleet operators such as Coca Cola and Howard Tenens
• ADBA's chairman is Lord Redesdale, former Liberal Democrat energy spokesman
• ADBA's aim is to help enable or facilitate the development of a mature AD industry in the UK and to represent all businesses involved in the anaerobic digestion and biogas industries, to remove the barriers they face and to support its members to grow their businesses and the industry to help UK plc meet its renewable energy, climate change and landfill targets, as well as the preservation of critical natural resources.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association Community
Linked Items From Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association
Commenting on Eric Pickles' announcement of a £250m fund to support councils returning to weekly...
30 Sep 2011
ADBA chairman and Lib Dem peer Lord Redesdale has welcomed the publication of the OFT's market...
26 Sep 2011
Gwyn Jones, vice president of the National Farmers Union (NFU), has been announced as the latest...
04 Aug 2011
Reacting to the Government's energy white paper and 2020 renewables roadmap, published today [12...
12 Jul 2011
Raleigh International and The Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association (ADBA) are working...
11 Jul 2011
Related Items From Everyone
EXHIBITORS:ENERGY EFFICIENCY: • Co-generation• EE Equipment and Technologies in different...
A host of new approaches are being developed to channel public and private capital to promote...
Moving into their first home in Bedfordshire, this young couple were keen to have a comfortable,...
Ground source heat pumps systems which extract heat energy from the ground or groundwater offer...