Senior energy manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: London-based, United Kingdom
Posted: 11 May 2011 09:05:53
Our client is a leading global player within the infrastructure, building and business services sectors, boasting over 40,000 employees and an order book worth over £9bn worldwide. Working specifically within the facilities services arm they provide integrated end to end solutions and specialist support in the operation and maintenance of the built environment within both the private and public sectors whilst reducing energy use and carbon emission for their customers.
Based out of the central London office, the post of senior energy manager has been identified. Working alongside the operational and account directors the purpose of the role is to develop and implement the company's energy service plan on a client by client basis, otherwise known as energy performance contracting.
Aspects of this opening include:
• Promote the professional delivery of the bureau and energy management services
• Identify energy savings through the undertaking of energy audits and surveys and analysis of consumption data provided by the in-house bureau
• Present findings in face to face client meetings – prepare presentation on findings and present them
• Be responsible for coordination and management of all sub-contractors and supply chain to ensure satisfactory delivery of contract arrangements
• Project manage delivery of services and solutions
• Provide management of all projected energy savings and targets, controlling/mitigating any exceptions or upside risk to energy consumption and carbon emissions
• Monitor and report status of energy projects including tracking and reporting of energy cost savings and carbon dioxide emissions reductions
• Develop business cases for energy projects
To succeed in this post it is expected that you will hold a degree in energy engineering, building services engineering, mechanical or electrical engineering, combined with a minimum of 7 years' technical and managerial experience within this sector.
In addition the following are key to success:
• Possess knowledge of one complex functional or business area
• In depth commercial and financial knowledge and ability to formulate complex commercial deals
• Extensive knowledge of the principle techniques and technologies which support the efficient use of energy
• Customer management skills from a technical and management perspective
• Ability to prepare and present business cases, proposals, management reports, bid and presentation documents along with the associated commercial models
• Track record of success in supporting a major business contract, business unit or region and/or providing support to a professional function
• An appropriate energy related, building services engineering, mechanical or electrical engineering degree
• Extensive working knowledge of BMS and control theory
• Ability to carry out full feasibility studies of energy technologies including calculation of payback periods, return on investments and net present values
• Competency in current benchmarking and base lining techniques
This a new post within our client's organisation, critical to the successful delivery of the contracts and as such requires a driven, proactive, technically and commercial astute individual, with a passion for the industry that can be translated to the clients.