Salary: Up to £40,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: London or Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 11 May 2011 09:05:36
Our client a major international engineering consultancy is looking to strengthen their energy team due to meet the growing demands on the business through its continued success. They are looking to employ an energy consultant and will consider consultant to principal level, who can offer experience of conducting energy audits of large commercial, institutional, and ideally industrial facilities, who are able to operate under their own initiative and who are able to take the technical lead for energy audits and related work.
It is expected that the successful individuals will be degree educated in a relevant technical subject, backed up with industry qualifications such as low carbon consultancy or Carbon Trust accreditation, combined with up to 10 years' sector experience.
Responsibilities will include:
• Conducting on-site energy assessments of commercial, public sector and industrial facilities
• Evaluation of the performance and cost-effectiveness of energy efficiency technologies
• Good knowledge of current and future drivers for energy efficiency, including CRC, CCA, EU-ETS, EU EPBD and Building Regulations
• Strong report writing skills relating to energy efficiency technologies, and the results of energy assessments
• Good presentation skills, and will be comfortable communicating findings at all levels
• A proven track record in and an aptitude for business development
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an organisation that promotes a dynamic and collaborative approach to problem solving and offers a challenging and rewarding place to work.