Job Type: Full Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Client Ref: LCE/JL/HQ00015267
Posted: 04 Feb 2014 10:02:29
Allen & York are recruiting for a World Leading Power Company with worldwide coverage a Senior Business Developer for their operations in South Africa. This prestigious energy giant offers exceptional career opportunities.
The Business Developer or Senior Business Developer, South Africa is responsible for the development of greenfield/brownfield projects + M&A in compliance with investment criteria and BDO procedure.
The Business Developer or Senior Business Developer, South Africa will report to the Head of Business Development - South Africa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be accountable for and watch and assess best practices in business development and construction
- Identify BD opportunities
- Carry out proactive prospection and screen/evaluate BD opportunities
- Support the making of the PAMT development plan (both CAPEX and development budget)
- Be accountable for personal target and KPI
- Propose and implement best practices
- Contribute to define regional BD procedures, methods and documentation
- Comply with all BD procedures
- Contribute to the yearly budget development plan (both CAPEX and development budget)
- Define with BDO a workable timetable for approval milestones (ACC, BCC, ICC, CDE, …)
- Be accountable for delivering the relevant project documents on time at each milestone
Be accountable for:
- Produce, present and get approval of Advanced Notice (AN) by the Business Area
- Commitment Committee (ACC)
- Present and get approval of the AN by the Business Line Commitment Committee (BCC)
- Identify and propose partnerships
- Plan development and allocate internal & external resources
- Negotiate and manage partnerships
- Execute operational development activities
- Build up project documentation (assumptions book AB)
- Perform Risk analysis
- Perform internal project review
- Support project review
- Finalize AB and Investment Note (IN)
- Present IN to ACC and BCC and get approval
- Prepare group CDE; present and get approval of IN by CDE
Final development phase
- Sign off before commitment
- Final development activities
- Produce compliance memo.
- Transfer to Construction/Integration.
- Be accountable for and prepare look-back at BA level ; present to BL.
- Organize and have BD meetings to perform project reviews.
- Ensure timely and adequate reporting.
- Fluent in English & Afrikaans will be an advantage.
- 10 years of experience in the Energy sector.
- More than 2 years of BD experience.
- Gas and LNG experience is a plus.
- University degree in Economics, Finance or Engineering.
Knowledge and skills
- Power technologies including coal fired power plants, renewables
- Contract negotiation skills (EPC, PPA, SHA, CSA, Financing, …)
- Environmental Impact Assessment & Site Permitting experience will be an advantage
- Group's governance and ethical rules
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Regular travel to project site as is necessary.
Primary focus will be South Africa and neighboring countries
Negotiable salary according to experience
This is a high profile role with excellent opportunities to progress with a reference company.
Clicking a category below will direct you to a list of related information
The world markets for biogas are booming, getting more professional and continuing to increase...
Creating a low carbon economy could be more important than ever following the revelation that as...
A couple in Halifax plan to spend a recent £250 prize from a low carbon competition on a new...
Computers are an important area to look at when attempting to cut energy usage and emissions,...
If your message requires a response, please leave your email address.